I’m Promtacular. . .

. . .and I’m not alone, dragging down two of my best friends from the ‘hood with me. Stop by Promtacular! and see what I mean.

And, as ridiculous as I look, I feel a bit wistful for those days when wearing a full-coverage dress to the prom was considered ok. Yes, I am getting old.

Comments

1. Stacia says:

That is one fabulous picture! I keep imagining you and John Cusack dancing to "In Your Eyes." But you said you didn't like your date, so it couldn't have been John. =>

2. Stacia says:

3. kristy says:

Thank you again for submitting the photo. It really is pretty amazing. The dresses, the hair…it never ceases to stun me how teenage BFFs will manage to look exactly alike even when they don't mean to.

I kind of wish you still did your hair like that, though. :)

4. kristy says:

I kind of wish you still did your hair like that, though. :)

5. The Mom says:

Looks like my prom! I wore a Gunne Sacks dress. (I have no idea how to spell that) All that wonderful fabric.

6. The Mom says:

7. Lise says:

Oh my god. I mean, Mercy Me and Gee Willikers! I didn't know that the Gunne Sax popularity went on for so long. I wore one to prom in 1980. It had powder-blue flowers, so of course my date wore a powder-blue tux. Try to imagine what our wedding looked like, four years later.

8. Lise says:

9. Jessica says:

That is one of the most fantastic photos I have ever seen. Oh my God. I love it.

I should submit my senior prom photo. My date's hair looks like a bird's nest. :)

10. Jessica says: